So you're on Facebook now ... and Linkedin and a variety of other places. You might even tweet and if you are reading this blog you are blogging or will be soon.
You might have added your social media links to your Web site, email newsletters, email signatures and blog. Yet I bet you haven't even thought about how these new addresses could, and should, be listed on your card - am I right?
The "traditional" business card has gone social. All the regular contact information is still required, but with social media we now need to add more. (As if we have room for it all!)
I'm redoing my card layout so that my social media addresses and badges (the little logos associated with the social media sites) as part of my contact information. For me, however, this no small project because, well, it's complicated ... the card that is. It's a folded, 2 color card that's printed both front and inside and I have a blank area on the back of the card where I currently hand write notes and other things. It takes a while for the printer to print, dry and fold my card, so meanwhile, I'm creating a sticker to put on the blank side of the card (I hardly ever write notes anyway and haven't seen anyone else do it either). However, the card of my future needs a more professional look, so that's the next thing on my list. What about you?
No comments:
Post a Comment