First, it starts with an invitation. The quickest way is to copy your blog address (youblogname.blogspot.com) and email it to people you want to reach. Then put your social media tools to work: Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin. Ask people you know to visit and follow your blog. Then, of course, you need to post interesting and relevant information for your target audience.
I'd like to start this process with this PACC group blog. At the top of the right column you will see a gadget name "Followers", and you'll notice there are one - me. This is a new blog created for the workshop group. So please follow me. Once I have a following I'll remove myself from the list.
Click the follow button just below "Followers"If you have a google account (you have one if you have gmail) you can follow using google friend connect. If not, there's a text link beneath the box with logos where you can set up a google account.
Once set up or in, you can choose to follow publicly or privately as well as set up your options - do check that out while you're in there. (You can change setting at any time when you visit my blog.)
Let's use this area to further discuss and share ideas about social media marketing and blogging.
After we get the blogging routine down, I'd like to offer a follow up blogger workshop during which we'll cover some intermediate to advance blogging topics and will discusss that with Deanne.
Make blogging fun, commit to twice a week and get a few followers and I think you'll be hooked. Remember, blogs with traction improve online visibility.
Happy blogging!
No comments:
Post a Comment