Part 1: All Those Different Logins!
I suspect if you are anything like me you are overwhelmed with all the new social media sites you are now managing. And I bet that remembering passwords and usernames is a royal pain. Since no two sites are alike when it comes to creating your logins, it can be virtually impossible to remember it all. You can write it down but that's not a great solution - have you noticed that when you really need that login you cannot remember of find it?
In addition to the dozens upon dozens or more logins I need for business, I also have two Twitter accounts, a Facebook page, 4 plus blogs and a Linkedin account now. The Twitter ones drive me nuts because I cannot remember which is which when is comes to logging on.
Alas, I have a found a program that has made my life a lot easier. Last Pass is a Firefox browser Add On that's an online password manager and form filler that stores your previous username/password combos as well as new ones. It can even create a password for you - and you don't have to remember it because the program will. It will also auto fill forms for you. I have a bit of a challenge with that on occasion - only because I have multiple accounts at a site - but overall this is working great.
Although everything is encrypted, I won't store any banking passwords or other super sensitive one - I'm still a skeptic when it comes to that - but for everything else this is a great tool that I highly recommend.
If you have Firefox installed, go to Tools > Addons > type in Last Pass in search box and follow the instructions.
You don't have to have Firefox though, you can also visit the site at lastpass.com and download to use with Internet Explorer.
No comments:
Post a Comment