As of midnight, June 13th, Facebook members have been able to register personal Web addresses for their personal pages. This is an effort to help people find people better and to create more memorable Facebook addresses. Before, member addresses were long (and not business card ready) and included numbers and symbols. Now, the address can look more like this: facebook.com/carolsanger (that is my real personal profile) instead of this http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pages/Beverly-MA/The-Web-Division/188185830499 (my business fan page). No way that long address is going to fit o my business card.
Now, I am more interested in having one for my business page, and I can do that ... as long as I have more than a thousand fans. I'm thinking that won't happen for a while, after all I'm not a top publishing company or brand. Perhaps Facebook will change that rule before I achieve the 1,000 mark. It might happen, and I remain optimistic about that eventuality.
Most of the people I know don't have a thousand fans either. However, you can still do this for your personal profile. When you arrive at your Facebook home page there will be a message at the top of your wall with a link. Just click on the link, choose a name that's available and you're set to go.
I followed those steps and then received a link to do the same for my business page, but the page got stuck and I couldn't get the link back. I refuse to give up. I'll keep searching for a way and will post to this blog when I get the answer I'm looking for. Until then the line between my personal and business Facebook pages will be blurred.
No comments:
Post a Comment